Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Shout-outs.

I've received so many wonderful cards, gifts, letters, and other good tidings in the past month that deserve some acknowledgement.

To the children and St. Bertha Circle women of St. Luke Lutheran Church in Florence, South Carolina: Thank you so much for the Thanksgiving greetings! The cards and the artwork and hand turkeys made my day. Thank you all for your support and prayers! Global mission couldn't happen without you all!
Pretty sure these kids are the best.

To my church (and grandparents and mom's friends): Thank you so much for the flood of cards you've sent me, either in the box my mother sent or directly to my apartment. Every single one was beautiful, I nearly cried. In a good way. Thank you also to those who sent me longer letters or small gifts. The (lovely) couple of Christmas ornaments I received are currently hanging around my apartment and have really helped bring the Christmas cheer. As soon as I get time to sit down and work on it, I'm going to string up the cards on some ribbon, too. (Just got a hole punch from my mother in the mail today!) You have always been and still are such a gift to me. I am truly blessed to have grown up in such a wonderful church family.
Christmas card deluge!

To my friends: Thank you for the "quality" "handcrafted" Christmas tree and ornaments that were a tribute to our year in California together. You guys never fail to brighten my day and make me laugh. I miss spending time with you guys, playing Telephone Pictionary and 1000 Blank White Cards, laughing uproariously at Parks and Recreation (Knope 2012!), making makeshift Japanese cuisine, and going on adventures to San Francisco together. We shall have more adventures together in Japan someday soon! I decree it.
My friends are arts-and-crafts masters.
(The cat with the stubby tail is my dearly-missed Ebenezer.)

And, finally, to my mother: Thank you for everything, especially the praying shawl and the the 3-pound Costco jar of peanut butter. The former is lovely and super cozy and the latter is hilarious and will make me many a sandwich in the months to come.
Guess which one is from America.

God's blessings to you all! Your generosity is much appreciated. Merry Christmas!

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
Philippians 4:23 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment